Friday, October 2, 2009

Scottish Festival

A few weeks ago Bry and I attended a world-famous Scottish/Irish Festival in Estes Park. I had the time of my life! There were so many men and even women wearing kilts. Bryan wore his kilt and it was cool that he actually blended in this time. The higlight was listening to a huge bagpipe band from Scotland all play in unison. Scottish people have interesting sports as well. Before they had modern technology and sports, they used to compete with their trades. The blacksmiths would see how far they could throw hammers, the lumberjacks would see how far they could toss logs, the stone masons would see how far they could toss stones. The festival had these sporting events as well. The participants even had to wear kilts while competing. The most interesting one was the log tossing or as it is officially called "caber toss." The video upload function is freaking out on me so I can't include any of my videos, but here are some pictures.





-Nat

No comments: