Sunday, December 14, 2008

Burningham Winter Collection


This fall I got serious about making some pottery for the holidays. After slaving away in the freezing garage, I present the Burningham Winter Collection. It was an evolving collection. I started making some bowls to replicate a little bowl that we have and love. I got tired with that, so I started making some cylindrical vases and a couple other fun forms.
Nat took care of the glazing. This was an experimental firing and we are pretty pleased with the results. Neither of us had any experience with applying the glaze by brush. We had purchased 4 pints of glaze, which more than covered these pieces. We will improve our glazing technique as we do future tests.
For those that want to see more pictures of the collection, use the following link.
The next form I want to explore are plates (once I invest in more bats). I might even try to make our own dishes. This will be an adventure.
Bryan

2 comments:

Natalia said...

wow! A collection indeed...they look perfect...as usual!

Eric and Jessi said...

I really like the orange colored ones.