Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Pearl!

Today is Pearly's 1st birthday. I can't believe she is already 1 year old! It has been a wonderful and difficult year. Even after 6 years of freedom I have never regretted having a baby, well atleast while I was in my right mind.

I have really loved every stage she has gone through- even the fussy stage because I still thought she was so cute. My favorite stage has always been the one she was currently in. Like now for example, I swear she is cuter than ever before. She is crawling like crazy, pulling herself up on things, making the funniest words/vocalizations, laughing at strange things, eating paper, and the list could go on and on.

Today I sat her on my lap and told her the story about the day she was born while she intently stared at the toys she wanted to play with. We went for a walk and I let her play in a big sand feature in the park. Her cute, new outfit that I had just put on her became covered in sand but she loved to run her fingers through it and made adorable cooing noises. My favorite noises she makes lately have been, "Ooi" and "ohyeah." We didn't really do anything special today because we already sort of celebrated her birthday with Bryan's family last Sunday while in California. She got a chance to destroy a cake and rub it all over herself. Here is the proof:

-Nat

2 comments:

Katie said...

Reminds me of the kid from Matilda that had to eat that huge chocolate cake except Pearl is very happy!

Jeremy and Sarah said...

I love the "num num num" thing she does at the end! Horray for being 1, and horray for mom and dad for surviving the first year. We are expecting our second in March, so we'll get to do it all again, soon.