Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm a Narcissist Too

I read a post by my friend Natalia a while back about how she thought she felt like a narcissist because of her family tradition to make up a photo book about themselves and give it to their parents for Christmas each year. Well Natalia, I feel like a narcissist too. I'm making something for our parents this year for Christmas that has to do with pictures of us - I can't say what it is because they don't know about it yet - and I don't dare give it to anyone but our parents and grandparents because I'm afraid they will think I'm incredibly self absorbed. I think there is a fine line a person has to walk when giving gifts that are about themselves, especially when they have a kid they want to show off to other people. And here is another temptation I'm presented with: A woman in our ward who is a freelance photographer took a bunch of really great pictures of Pearl that I totally want to show to everyone and their dog. I think to myself, "Man, aren't these the cutest baby pictures ever? They are practically a work of art! I need to distribute them worldwide so everyone can admire them as much as we do. Surely they will bring about world peace." Anyway, Charissa Spendlove has a really great talent for taking pictures. Here are 2 of my favorite ones:



















-Nat

5 comments:

Natalia said...

i'm so glad it's not just me. With a baby as good looking as pearl...i think you have every right to bea narcissist! Charissa did a great job with the pics!

Jeremy and Sarah said...

More pictures. We wanna see more cute Pearly pictures. She is adorable!

CourtneyB said...

Oh, those pictures are SO precious! Hey, when you have an adorable baby there's nothing wrong with wanting to share her with the world at large. (: You're a proud parent - that's not narcissistic!

Katharina said...

Fabulous baby pics. You should feel a tremendous sense of entitlement to show off that little person...you made her!

kkoyle said...

you are so self absorbed! Really, nat you couldn't be if you tried...hey merry christmas, love you guys.

koyles