Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wait! Don't forget Bike to Work Day...

Ok, so I (Natalie) am going to try my second blog ever because I was so proud that we participated in "Bike to Work Day" on Wednesday that I wanted to show off our picture. Bike to Work Day is a "holiday" in Denver where everyone is encouraged to bike or walk to work. It's fun to see so many people biking around the streets and feel sort of a camaraderie with them, even though we are all perfect strangers to each other.


In the center of the city there is a big shindig where there are lots of booths with free samples of yummy tree hugger sorts of foods like energy bars and vitamin waters. This is the main reason why we like to go. Last year I filled a huge plastic sack with free stuff and wobbled all the way home from the weight. This year I was smart and brought a backpack to load my stuff in. I am all set for snacks for another few months now.


As you can see from the picture, I am sporting a nice basketball under my shirt... She is an active little girl already and is due to see daylight on or around Sept. 28th. This month I have learned the lovely art of squatting instead of bending over. It's a lot nicer on the basketball and my guts. I have also learned that even though I feel like I can squeeze through a cracked door, there is now a bottleneck effect that happens around the midline, occasionally preventing full passage.

5 comments:

Celestial Starr said...

I am so happy for you to be parents! It is fabulous news! Pearl is a really cute name. My mom told me a while ago, but I kept waiting for you to blog about it and you finally did! You both look great and so happy! I just want the best for you both forever! What wonderful people they are! That baby is one blessed child! What an amazing woman she will grow up to be!

Natalia said...

Yeah-a blog from Nat...(no offence Bryan). How fun you did the biking thing. I didn't know there was so much free stuff involved...oh well, maybe next year.

Kaja said...

hi bryan - i'm your neighbor from n. logan. i don't know if you remember me or not, but it's good to see you're doing well. congrats on the baby! pearl is beautiful name!
take care!
kaja (brown) sample

gunnfam said...

Congrats!! Our little Eliza was born Sept. 28th last year. Good time for a baby. Good luck with everything.

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Bryan,
I found your blog throug Keisha (Harris) Baldwin's. Do you mind if I add you to my blog list? Your wife looks great pregnant! You make an amazing couple!

All the best,
Carmen (Cholico) Lynch
ryancarmenlynch.blogspot.com