Sunday, September 9, 2007

Cuff

Once upon a midnight dreary,
On a Friday while I was weary,

My new white pants were too long,
Thought to myself, "Something must be done."

Preferring more refined then ruff
I said, "I'll add a cuff."

By sewing standards I'm no ace,
In the 9th grade I made a pillow case.

After some imaginative guessing,
I found myself doing some pressing.



Affixing some pins to hold it just right,
I began sewing into the night.



The time spent, the dream realized,
A cuffed pant, and Nat surprised.



Bryan

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Great blog! I love the poem too. I had no idea you were so well-rounded.

Your camping pictures made me wish we could go camping. Rusty isn't quite as portable as Bruce was. Maybe next summer.

Brandy Bailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.