Sunday, December 19, 2010

Grateful

This year I wanted to start a new tradition. I wanted something that would help me remember the real meaning of Christmas and not focus so much on the stress. I wanted something that we could keep doing every year with Pearl. I wanted something that wasn't too cheesy and that I would actually do. I heard about traditions where people put things into boxes or mangers little by little all December and then do something with them on Christmas so I decided to make a gratitude box. We write on the little slips of paper each day (mostly) what we are grateful for that day, then put it into the box. On Christmas morning, this is the first thing I want our family to open up. Then we can talk about what we are grateful for before all the rest of the presents take over the day.
-Nat

1 comment:

redjanfan said...

what a good idea Natalie!! I think that's terrific.