Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sexy Kilt Wearer

Call me bias, but I think my husband is the sexiest kilt wearer I've ever seen. He's got great legs for it. He wore a kilt for our wedding and I loved it. Anyway, we were kilt wearing at the Estes Park Scottish/Irish Festival last week and thought I'd share some pics.

We climbed up the fence and were able to get a great view of the jousting activities. Apparently jousting was founded in Scotland and the clan heads participated in it to show honor to their clans. I guess jousting today is a real sport and people get really serious about it. Their armor looked really heavy. One guy fell off his horse and had to have help to be able to move and get up again.

I made a sign for Pearl's stroller saying, "It's my birthday" because it was indeed her birthday that day. She got a few people trying to tell her happy birthday, but she basically tried to ignore them. I also got her a helium balloon which you can see her clutching in this picture. She didn't like it to float around, even if she was still holding the string. She had to have the actual balloon itself and she freaked out if she lost her grip on it. Later, the balloon -somehow- floated away while her back was turned.

We all had our own kilts. I just got mine from a friend, but Bry and Pearl's were authentic "McDonald" clan kilts from Bry's ancestry. We felt pretty cool.

Here is a video of Pearl running around barefoot in the grass. We thought she was pretty cute.

-Nat

No comments: