Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Stockings

We spent the holidays at home this year for the first time. It was very, very nice and very quiet. In honor of our first Christmas alone as a family I decided to make us our very own stockings. If you know me very well, you will know that I have an inability to do anything simple, however insignificant. I decided to do a ridiculously complicated pattern that I made up myself and these little stockings ended up taking way too much time during the holiday season- and afterwards. I finally finished them... wait for it... today! Seeing as I dedicated so much blood (literally- getting needle pricked), sweat and tears to them, I can't resist showing them off.

Here is a back view. I think I like the back better than the front, unfortunately.

Here is the front view. I used pieces of fabric that I had lying around the house for the patchwork.

-Nat



3 comments:

Angela said...

The front is adorable!

Natalia said...

wow, those DO look complicated. They came out great though. I love the fluffy tops. You'll just have to make sure you don't have any family member additions until the year after next...or start workig on a 4th right now.

Katharina said...

Go, Nat. Snazzy!