Friday, June 26, 2009

Ugly or Beautiful Cheating?

So, this post requires some context. The questions comes about from one
night that Nat and I were talking as we were falling asleep. We can get
a little silly when we are super tired, as was the case this night. At
this time I was also very sick. Here is how the conversation went:

Bryan: "I'm such a sissy for being so sick!"
Nat: "You're not a sissy, it is just a bad illness."
Bryan: "But you aren't sick, so I must be a sissy."
Nat: "It's just that I haven't kissed you ..."

Pause for a minute

Nat: "But you obviously kissed some other girl who had a really bad
illness ... I hope she was ugly."

Anyway, it was a funny conversation but it has made me ponder the
question: If my spouse was cheating on me, would I prefer the person to
be more or less attractive than myself?

Clearly Nat would want that person to be less attractive. I think I'm on
the fence. What do you think?

-Bryan

6 comments:

CourtneyB said...

There's just no good answer to that question. I've thought of both scenarios, and in both, I would question what I lacked that the other person offered, and in both cases, my self-worth would plummet.

So my answer is c: none of the above . . . my spouse had better not cheat on me! (;

Kitchen Kamikaze said...

For myself I will only cheat on my wife with my nurse. A bazooka in the face is the punishment for me otherwise.

Katharina said...

Sorry to use this forum, Burninghams, but extreme craziness calls for extreme measures...

Kitchen K., all I can say is it's a d@mn good thing your wife & your nurse are one and the same, or all of us would be getting the wrong idea and beatings would ensue. ; )

Bryan, this is a sticky subject. Ugly or no, I think I'd help Nat wallop the hussy who chose to invade her husbandly territory.

Natalia said...

what a horrible thing to contemplate...but if i have to, i think i would side with nat...at least initially. it might be a nice quick fix in feeling better about myself, even if just temporary.

kkoyle said...

Dang Bryan, If Shane cheated on me it better be with the best looking women on the plant that is also a huge mega millionaire and doesn't mind doing house work, changing babies, can run marathons, roundup cattle, go bungy jumping and bake an apple pie, cause he'd better get all that to make what he's gonna get at home when I find out, worth it!

Mari said...

Since no one seems to want to really answer the question I will...I've been cheated on by my wife and the girl she cheated on me with was way uglier. So from personal experience, I'd say...beautiful cheating is much better, at least it would have been an upgrade and everyone can understand the concept of wanting to upgrade...its America!