Monday, September 8, 2008

First Trial Run Passed

Well folks, we are not parents yet although you could say we passed our fist trial run of delivery. We went to the hospital yesterday fully expecting to get induced, but were sent home after spending the morning there getting a test done (amniocentesis) to see if the baby's lungs were mature enough for her to be safely taken out. She didn't pass the test to all of our shock and surprise, so we were told to maybe come back in a week, maybe 2 weeks, depending on her lung development. We were both quite disappointed because although we only had 2 days notice to get ready for the induction, we were really geared up and excited for it when it came time to get it done. We spent the day before running around like chickens with our heads cut off getting last minute errands run and buying preemie baby clothes. The day ended with a nice dinner at Maggiano's which was absolutely lovely- it was my first time.

We have some not-so-convenient dichotomies going on with this pregnancy. We need to get the baby out as soon as possible because of the cholestasis, but can't until her lungs are ready. She is also still breech so I have been told to lie down with my butt elevated as much as possible, but that is almost impossible sometimes when my heartburn is acting up. I have also been told to stay off my feet as much as possible this week because I have been having contractions, but I need to walk around to make the itching in my feet bearable. Fun stuff.




I had to take a picture of one of the preemie outfits I bought because it is just so cute and little! I hope she still fits into these when she finally does come out. Otherwise I wouldn't mind just keeping them to show off to guests when they come as an adorable novelty item.


- Nat

4 comments:

Jeremy and Sarah said...

When was your projected due date? 2 weeks will go by fast. Relax. Sleep. Think happy baby thoughts.

Alex Solla said...

So what will they do for the cholestasis? How did they discover it already?

Eric and Jessi said...

Hi Nat! Eric told me about your blog. So good to see what you're up to! Congrats on the pregnancy and hang in there!

Bryan said...

Alex, they can't do much for cholestasis. What they can do is deliver the baby early. That is why that had us go in to get induced. They discovered it because Nat was super itchy all the time, which prompted them to do a blood test. Nat is already feeling better now that she's not pregnant anymore.